1. Collection of personal information
The type of information we collect may include:
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
Your use of our Site: As with most online sites, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you about upcoming conferences and updates on changes to registered conferences;
- for internal record keeping;
- for research and organisation development including website development; and
- for data analytics purposes.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
If there is a change of control of our organisation, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
4. How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. In referring to ‘sensitive information’ we mean information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal records, health information or biometric information.
The type of sensitive information that we may collect includes:
- health information.
With or without your consent, we may also collect sensitive information from third parties including:
- doctors and other health providers;
- hospitals and other medical centres and clinics;
- family, carers or other individuals involved with your care;
- any individual authorised to provide health information on your behalf.
We may also obtain sensitive information from third parties without your prior consent if required by law, or if it is impractical to obtain such consent.
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, including:
- to provide services for a purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
- in a permitted health situation which exists if:
- the use or disclosure is conducted in accordance with guidelines approved under section 95A of the Privacy Act 1988; and
- in the case of disclosure, if we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information will not disclose the information, or personal information derived from that information.
- information may be disclosed to a responsible person which has the meaning given by section 6AA of the Privacy Act 1988.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
5. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon conference registrants advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the email address below.
6. Storage and Security
7. Cookies & Web Beacons
8. Links to other websites
For any questions or notice, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Messianic Ministries Inc
Phone: 0422 737 368 (Within Australia)
+61 422 737 368 (International)
Address: PO Box 1325, WODEN ACT 2606
Last update: 8 August 2019